The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bird's nest

My mom arrived here. She is adjusting fine and even though she feels that the weather is a bit cold, she finds it is nice that the street is quieter, every dog that walks on the street is cute...I am glad that so far mom does not feel lonely when we are not home or around her.

While my mom is slowly adjusted, I, on the other hand, have some difficulties to have my mom around. Don't get me wrong, I love her and excited that she is finally here. The thing is I have been living on my own for a long time, I am used to all the space that I have...I used to hug mom or hold her until when I was 18 years old when I was in VN, now it is just a bit awkward to even give her a hug. What drives me nut is that she keeps on saying that she is too old to do anything (she is only 53 years!) and so is afraid of everything and worries about everything. She is also easy to get offended, so whenever i make my points, she is upset.

Maybe I am like a bird, when you grow up and leave the nest, it is difficult to go back? When has things changed? or when have I become more of the person who belongs to an individualism culture and not the collectism society in order words, I become selfish?

I don't want to hurt mom's feelings because I understand that it takes a long time to see the difference, to adapt to a new enviroment. I wish i could put myself in my mom's shoes to understand the way she perceives things. Mom has gone through my age but I have not obviously.

Anyway, things will probably get better, it has only been a week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home