The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Monday, October 25, 2010

Autumn 2010

The days are getting shorter, and after a few days staying sick in bed, I have fully recovered and been able to take a walk with my mom.

I brought mom to the small lake near where I live, we brought some old slices of bread to give the birds. My mom really likes that. She gives food and talks to them at the same time like a little girl :-0).

The weather in Belgium has become cooler and cooler every day, the wind and the rain just makes you feel like staying in for a warm cup of hot chocolate and a book. Despite that fact, many people go out, drinking beers, shouting at each other in bars because the music is too loud for us to hear others. In my cases, there has been a lot of my favourite Vnese sweets that mom prepares and tea. I guess winter is almost here. People start gathering inside, the evening is dark but now it is even darker. I am content with the solution to stay in ;-), the thought of having to put on clothes, raincoat discourages me. I did go out though but I was still happy to leave early for my home :-0), to find my usual ritual of reading a book, and listening to the rain hitting on the surface of my windows, hearing my own breathing, talking to my cats in bed or asking mom about her love lives :-).

I have just finished a book of David Baldacci, " The whole Truth", it is about perception management. The concept scares me. In this digital age, where you almost are unable to check whether something is true, everything happens on the internet or the info you read can be so easily manipulated. Maybe this is why I have become so undoubtful about everything. It is like you find yourself in a dilema whether you choose to belive or else you are left apart...I am especially sensitive in truth and honesty. I think it is the foundation of our goodness. Only when we try to hide the truth, we seek to hurt others.

"Love without trust is nothing"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home