The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2012- The Dragon

For some of you, talking about NY now might be a little too late but as you know my NY has not come and because I live in Belgium, I can celebrate NY twice :-). I can pretend the Western NY is not my NY, I am just dragged along celebrating, having fun and when the real NY comes, I celebrate it AGAIN.

Anyway, 2011 wasn't so bad but it was not an exceptional year, a year where you would tell you children "that  year, the year 2011 was so exceptional because...". I spent my days staring out in 2011, let thoughts roams in my mind, one thought to another. I thought about where would be my next travel destinations, I thought of new friends I met in 2011, I thought of whether mom is still happy in Belgium, I thought of my haft sister who got married in Oct, I thought of a friend who gave birth to a baby boy, I thought of friends who got married, I thought of what I would like to do...etc. Most of the thinking that happens in my mind contributes to what I would like to live my life. I have those moments where I start doubting whether my life has a meaning. I mean we have a short life on this earth and it would be really nice if at the end of our days, we die knowing that our lives have been meaningful or worth it. I don't know. Am I talking crazy?

I have had problems with sleeping, I go to bed no matter at which hour, I still wake up in the middle of the night thinking. Too much excitements or wanting too much? So, I think 2012, the dragon year might turn out to have big changes for me. I might want to quit job move somewhere or I might take a really long break travelling to really recharge and come back with new ideas and experiences. I don't like that feeling of unbalanced when something is stuck and not in your power to make a leap forward. When I feel unhappy, my mind seems to 'marinate' thoughts in my mind and I let them soaked,absorbed and simmered at lower heat until they turn to the boiling point :-). That is where I need to get them out or I become a crazy person, I usually choose the former.

They say the year where your sign is held, that is you are a dragon in the year of dragon, most likely you will be unlucky (yeah, please bear with me, my superstitious mind is on). When I tell my friends who are dragon, they all chuck and mindfully think, scratch their head to try to remember of those years where it was their sign what had happened to them :-). My consolations probably would be the more you pay attention, you more you feel unlucky :-). Since maybe we are in Belgium, wouldn't it be more appropriate to focus on the astrology here? rather than the Chinese one? :-) Hmm.

I expect to do some travelling this year but I am still having problems looking for a destination. The problem is where do I want to be? in the sun, in the snow, in the sea? warm weather, cold weather? culture or shopping? I only know that the trip should not be long and I want to relax...What's about a local Spa? D*mn it, the indecisive Thao is in charge GRRRRHHHH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home