The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Monday, December 27, 2010

Bye Bye 2010

After a lot of snow and coldness, we actually had a very white Xmas this year, it is not so nice to nagivate around Brussels on foot as the melted snow has really made a mess :-), every where is muddy and wet. We do have a blue sky today though.

I spent a quiet Xmas, mom has cooked meals and done most of the daily chores in the house, so I told mom to take a break during Xmas, I would took care of meals, I missed cooking anyway. So, we had ostriche steak with wild mushroom sauce and chestnut puree as main dish and a small salad for Xmas, very seasonal. Mom does not drink wine though, that really is a pity, so uncle and I finished a very nice Cabernet Savignon bottle, just perfect for the mushroom and game dish.

On 25th, I made lovely couscous as we had a guest. I have made a new friend and well, I was quite amazed of how much this new friend knows about wild animal, his father runs a park in Kenya...yeah, yeah, you might get the picture, we made a deal that he would take me on a safari in Kenya and I would take him to VN, something to look forward to :-0). I still think about how amazing that is that some friends we have made on our journey to life so easily, you meet them and instantly, there is a connection (I am only talking friendship here), some people you meet them again and again and you can't still connect to them. Anyway, meeting this new friend reminds me of something very important that the last few weeks I have forgotten, that is people are meant to meet or things always happen for a reason, so we should not force anything.

I was an emotionally wreck the last two weeks, and I thought man, life is too short to be dragged along someone's journey and be unhappy about things that are not in my hands. That's it! I still have plenty of travels to make or contantly provided with chances to learn and experience new things. So, that is exactly what I hope to do for next year. Time to change, and "yes, I can" :-0)

Anyway, 2010 has been an interesting year for me. Grandma passed away but she was happy, her life was filled with a lot of great experiences, she was a strong lady and I would never forget about how tender and super she was. 2010 has been with happiness (although sometimes not easy :-)) because my mom is here, and of course the leaving and coming back of old and new friends, new fun and great experiences that I had in 2010. All in all, 2010 has been good.

I will write more next week. In the mean time, I wish you a Happy year 2011!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home