The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Dragon

So, the year of dragon is finally here. Some people have plans to get pregnant this year since they believe it is a good year to have a baby. I have been told that this year is a good year to get married :-), mind you, I did not even ask for the info. The truth is when you are Vietnamese, you should always expect the unexpected in the company of other Vietnamese, especially those who are older. I have got "I have many times wishing you to get married, so I hope this year you will get married" (&*%* #). The best comes from my mom " I hope my daughter will give me a little grand-child this year". What's about mom is wanting to get rid of me rather than wanting a grandchild hic hic hic. D*mn, maybe I am O.L.D (makes me shiver)

One of my friends comes back to Brussels for a visit during the holidays. It was good to see her and it also brought back a lot of memories. It is amazing to realize that many things have happened over the years but the attachment that we have with other people still does not change and I am glad. However, I want to write a separate post for this. Someone told me blogging is such a thing of the past, now, it is a time for Twitter/Facebook...etc, I have never been one who follows the trend, anyway. Writing has always been an effective way for me to let my thoughts flow free. An escape door to a different world.

To come back to my previous post, about friendship, in this one, I would like to mention that I have also made a new male friend. Now, if you are my friends, you would know that I strongly believe in destiny and therefore chance meetings have always been a big interest as I have had only good experiences (Knock wood).    I met this new friend on the street, I am not a big fan of being stopped on the street but that day, I stopped (and although I had a little big of regret afterward, I am glad I did stop and followed by a drink some weeks later), turns out I have made a nice friend. Never lose faith or think that people try to get to know you for other purposes than just to make friends.

So, this year of Dragon hopefully will bring me new interesting friends, not that I have lost faith in finding them. Did I mention I am taking tango? it is a nice way to meet people and have fun. I guess I should always look for signs. Like this morning, someone sends me a quote by Abraham Lincoln " You are only as happy ad you make your mind to me"

With that, I wish everyone of us will be happy this year!












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home