The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

When things go wrong...

With the grey, cold and wet weather goes on outside, I couldn't help retrospecting of some of things that could have gone or done differently.

Regrets? Not really because if one thing does not happen, others open up, in a way, it is like instead of taking the short way to an endpoint, we often fall into a path that is longer and requires almost double or triple attention, energy, strength...etc. I wonder why. Why do we often miss the bus of life? In some cases, it almost takes a lifetime to get where we want to be.

I have been thinking about my dad. When you were young, you did not understand but at this stage in life, I often think about him. Mind you, I don't regret not having my dad around but what if I knew him. I have always been someone who give other people chances, I don't just shut them out, my strength most of the time but weakness sometimes as long as the reason for a mistake comprehensive enough. After all, we are not perfect.

I am not saying that it is all bad when something could, should, would...Sometimes it happens for the best because one door closes but many doors open and maybe that is the problem. We are overwhelmed with choices and opportunities that we are not ready for. When this happens, if we don't see clearly, we will take the choice that leads us to an even longer road. There goes the Murphy laws. Happens to me all the time :-) even though I am mostly happy with the outcomes, it is karma :-). Things will come around. So, I guess it is important to open our heart and free our mind to watch out for the signs. All things happen for a reason, that's what make life a bit spicier, tougher, more interesting, and challenging or else we would have slept on out feet but the earth still turns.

So, I guess, there is nothing really goes wrong, some unfortunate events, yes but they still mean something, maybe they say "hold on, the roller coaster begins, enjoy the ride!". Yes, there will be pain but maybe it all worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home