The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

20 seconds DARE

Last weekend, I went to see Allegria, one of the famous shows of cirque du soleil. When I was little, the early years where the country first earned its Independence, there was not much shows on TV, many programs were brought to us from Russia or China. The swan lake or many East Europe cartoons or films were shown the whole day. From time to time, we could watch circus program from China, I was so amazed with the Chinese girls who could roll their bodies up as if they had no bones, like snakes. I saw the same thing in cirque du soleil in the weekend, it really brought back a lot of good memories. I even tried to imitate what I saw, like trying to stand on my toes like the ballet dancers in Swan lake or roll my body like the Chinese girls when I was little :-).

If I could choose everything again, I might have followed the art road, becoming a painter or a dancer (not ballet though). My biggest weakness has always been that I get easily bored after a while, I rarely pursuit something till the end, I need constant motivation or encouragement to keep going. However, I can be someone who could absolutely decide something completely crazy in a fraction of minute, seconds of absolutely bravery :-), adventurous is one of the horse traits :-). I watched a movie with Matt Damon recently " We bought a zoo" and it reflected that characteristic of mine very clearly as the main character decided to buy a zoo (yeah, you have to watch the movie!) just like that. This type of craziness often gives me much satisfaction, more often than not it brings me new great friends.

Anyway, spring is here. I have a big project for the house, this year will be the year of transforming! I look forward to my personal library ;-) but that is not a dare. A dare must be that I quit my job and go for a art or some sort of writing studies (hmmm).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home