The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

"Are you going to cry, Sofia?"

27-06-2005: Figeholm-Charleroi-Brussels

Time to leave, we had a long breakfast, and left around 11am or something. We wanted to visit Norrkoping (4th biggest city in Sweden) before heading to the airport.

Sofia cried when she said good bye to her parents and Frederik, and I also cried!!! don't know why, I guess I was a bit overwhelmed, they are nice people, and I was treated like the best visitor, I felt a bit sad to leave all these behind, Brussels is too hectic or too emotional I probably am. And they were sad, too especially her father, they were waving until we couldn't see them...

We arrived in Norrkoping around 1.30 or something, went around, nothing special, the city is quite new, quite a few Chinese there, many Thai, but mostly Greek and Turkish.

BTW, I saw a Vnese couple in Oskarshamn, and there was a Vietnamese restaurant there! It was funny when we passed by, I heard then speaking Vnamese to their little daughter, couldn't hide my excitement. Apparently there are many Vietnamese who fled out of VN in the 80's by boat, and ended up living in Sweden. It was a sad period of VN, many people died during the trip, or got raped and kidnapped, killed...etc.

We left Norrkoping, heading Nykoping, and then aiport, couldn't find a faz station to fill in the tank before giving back the car, so we ended up a bit late in the airport. checked in finally, plane took off at 6pm sharp.

We arrived in Charleroi around 8pm, got our baggages (much lighter), and got on the bus back to Brussels. I was home around 9.40pm or something. Exhausted, just went to bed immediately after the shower. Good to sleep in my own bed again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home