The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Friday, September 30, 2005

Back to School :)

Orientation day in schoool...getting to know other students, trying to convince ourselves that we have done the right choice through welcome speeches...

I know this is what I want to do, to have a degree in hospitality and tourism (well a part?)...My mentor in Sony asked me once when I close my eyes, where do I see myself, how...At the time, I couldn't imagin, every time I closed the eyes, I thought of whether I would stay working in Sony :). Of course, people have dreams, and I have many. I dream of being a famous writer, to write about people of different places, about culture, maybe a fiction, about women, about places that I have been to...I dream of being a field officer for a non-profit organization, devoting my life to help people in countries under developing, like in VN...I dream of being a chef of the best-known restaurant (preferably my own :)), maybe like the naked chef guy...

Everybody says that I have changed a lot in the last couple of years, positive changes (thank God!). I know I push myself a lot, and sometimes am hard on myself but recently, I know I have stopped and reflected. I start asking myself a lot of questions...what do I want to do? How do I see myself in 5 years? What sort of career I want to pursue? Do I consider having a family? what do I expect from people? same questions, but this time different answers :).

So taking master in hospitality is the first step, I am going to apply in big known hotel chains to gain experiences, and have my own thing later on...That sounds like a good plan for me right now. Besides, whether it is a good choice or not, it is a win-win situation :). Family? yeah I want to have a family, maybe a kid would be nice...Last month when I was in VN, seeing my friends' kid, I shortly wished I could have one :)...But I need to be able to stand firm on my feet, to help my partner financially and to make time for my family. There are a lot of duties when you become wife and mother, I want to have a happy family where my husband and kid can't wait to get home...It is a toughest job! But ok first, where I will have kid? in VN or somewhere else?

Yesterday I saw a movie called "Broken Flower"...It made me think a lot when I got to bed...My mind was full with facts and questions (again!!). What would I become in 15 years? Will I be married to an interesting person? or it will be a dull marriage where nobody talks at dinner? Will my children be good and healthy? or will I be a nun who fight again human right and inequality in the world? :) or like my friend suggested an animal psychic? :) (ok, that is really sad) or maybe being single and devoting myself to animal right in VN? :). Will I want to see my boyfriends/lovers/friends after a long time without keeping in touch?

But I am not scared, I think I am ready (more acceptances) for the destiny path that has been drawn for me before I was born. I think events happen in its time, we can't force it to happen. And if I am doing an MBA right now, it is to prepare myself to the next level/step on the life ladder...

Enough of all the serious talk, I found the new Chinese buddy in school this morning, fascinating guy, his name is David, David is short but so funny :). Not many interesting girls in class so far, many crazy Chinese girls, a couple of Europeans...I am looking forward to courses...

Tonite first salsa lesson :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home