The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Dinner on KL Tower ;-)

I arrived in KL airport, left my luggages in airport, took the fast train to Sentral Station, and then a budget taxi (yeah, there are two types of taxis here ;-) to the hotel where I am staying (Agora hotel in JL Bukit Bintang, Gloden Triangle). Well, the room rate is not cheap (found out this afternoon), but I am leaving tomorrow anyway, so it's ok

It was raining when I arrived until the night, so I just chilled out, relax, walked around the area, which is very trendy and nice people hanging out...

This morning I woke up early to do two walking tours, The Colonial Walking tour and the China town one. So far, KL is nice and frustrating. There are really quite some stuffs to see, and the architecture is different from VN, China...Muslim is obviously the most important religion here. I found it was quite frustrating to walk on the street alone because some dark Malaysians whistled when I passed by ;-(. But it was ok the whole day today since I met Steven, French guy in one of the monument, so we spent the whole day visiting together.

We just finished our dinner in the KL tower, it was really nice although the atmosphere was kinda romantic, the music, piano, the couples, but the view was extraordinary! The floor was turning, so everybody could see every part of KL, the Petronas Building (apparently it is now the third or fourth tallest buidling after Taiwan tower, Toronto tower..), the National Monument, the Lake Garden, Muslim Art Museum (quite interesting to see)...BTW, We went to the Butterfly garden, and it was great...A bug looks like a man's face, lots of different sorts of butterflies..

China town and Little India were crowded like any other places in Asia, faked watches, sunglasses, DVDs, clothes, crafts...anything, but I love the taofu, the soja drink, foods vendors ;)

I don't really have the feeling of being in SE Asia sue to the number of beautiful Mosques in KL, and after the great dinner on KL tower. Also walking in KL is really difficult even within short distance because of the unconvenient routes, there are not many pedestrian ways, you have to take the monorail or KLR...Thanks God that public transportation is quite efficient and fast, also fyi taxi is really not expensive but ok, you can't really enjoy the city, I think.

Tomorrow I am leaving to Cameron Highlands to visit the tea plantation, and do a hiking trail ;-). It is 1/2 midnight here, gotta go, Steven is soon leaving this internet cafe, too. He is a cool guy, we will probably hang out in a bar or so and talk a bit about tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home