The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Sunday, July 15, 2012

The subject of letters

I am staring at the screen, trying to focus my mind on something, I mean just something as right now I have a hardly doing so. I am not sure what I want to write about. Maybe some of stuff I want to write about, I have already written and so I am not in mood to write about that. I am sort of feeling numb at the moment, I am not sure what I feel, I just go with a flow, I guess.

Anyway, I have found nice stationary, so I will start writing letters again. I feel like doing that after reading so many beautiful letters, maybe in the mood that I am now, I should not have read a love letter book, it is depressing but the truth is when I am feel slightly blue, I like to read them to embrace or face my own pain. A way to let the pain be.

I have always liked letters, some of the things I can't seem to express verbally, I find much easier to write them. The pressing of pencil or pen on papers, the stuff you write but you can't erase easily, it always leaves mark. The content seems more sincere and real. When I was younger, I fancied having a good quality ink pen because we used to have this messy pen where you had to dip the tip of the pen into ink, wrote a short sentence and repeated the step again instead of having a pen where you could change the ink tube. My fingers were all the time messy with ink marks, not to mention the ink was also dropped on my school uniform. We had to write beautifully, too. In fact, a good pupil was defined on how beautiful their hand writing was.

We often say that no words can describe a certain feeling but when I start writing, I can always manage to say my mind. Letters always start with a nice civilized greeting and when you write to someone you care for, letters can always ended with a loving word but that concludes everything, your feeling, your mind...

Dear....

Maybe the next time I write a new post, it will begin with a copy of my letter...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home